What is the Norwegian Pilot Group?
The pilot associations representing NORWEGIAN pilots throughout Europe have entered into the following Trans-National Agreement in response to the challenges created by the complex business model that is being developed by NORWEGIAN. To assist NORWEGIAN pilots in achieving the objectives set out in this Agreement, the Norwegian Pilot Union (NPU - Norway, Sweden and Denmark), the Norwegian Pilot Union Finland (NPUF - Finland), the British Air Line Pilots' Association (BALPA - UK), Sindicato Español de Pilotos de Líneas Aéreas (SEPLA - Spain), Associazione Nazionale Piloti Aviazione Commerciale (ANPAC - Italy), Irish Air Line Pilots' Association (IALPA - Ireland), NF (Norway), FPA (Finland), SPF (Sweden) and FPU (Denmark) have agreed to establish the Norwegian Pilot Group (NPG).
The Signatory Unions have agreed five key objectives:
- To form an alliance uniting all NORWEGIAN pilots;
- To establish secure, direct permanent employment under harmonised Collective Labour Agreements (CLAs);
- To promote equal career opportunities through a common and transparent seniority system;
- To facilitate the effective collective representation for all NORWEGIAN pilots regardless of country or base;
- To highlight that union membership and recognition is compatible with a successful and profitable NORWEGIAN.
The Signatory Unions have further agreed to establish a joint working group, consisting of senior Representatives from each pilot association, to:
- Produce a detailed agreement formalizing the establishment of the Norwegian Pilot Group;
- Continue sharing knowledge and information relating to NORWEGIAN;
- Develop a common strategy for organizing NORWEGIAN pilots and protecting their shared professional interests based on the key objectives set out above;
- Avoid any action that could adversely affect the bargaining position of the Signatory Unions, both individually and collectively.
The Signatory Unions believe that cooperation and unity of purpose are essential to protect our collective professional interests in NORWEGIAN and are committed to working together to achieve the objectives set out in this Agreement.
Supported Internationally by:
Meet the MEC*
*Master Executive Committee
The NPG Team wishes all of our friends and colleagues a Merry Christmas and a happy, safe and successful 2018!
Quote from Lynn Stout – Distinguished Professor of Corporate & Business Law Her book is well worth reading. Especially if you are a senior manager, Director or CEO (Hint).
Norwegian has finally acknowledged SEPLA as the representative of the pilots flying for Norwegian in Spain. Norwegian Air Shuttle has 7 bases in our country, with a total of 248 pilots. Madrid, July 7th 2016. The SEPLA Norwegian Company Council has finally been recognised by the Company. Last July 5th 2016 , a comprehensive recognition agreement with NAR…